REN Tag is an identification tag issued to a Real Estate Negotiator (REN). It contains all the information including their name, photo, IC number, REN number, firm name, firm registration number, quick respond code (QR) and security features. It's mandatory that the tag be worn by the REN at all times during their conduct of business so that the public will be aware that they are dealing with bona fide negotiators.
It is mandatory for all negotiators to wear the REN tag during the course of doing business and it cannot be replaced with any company name tag. It is an offence for someone to imitate and produce something similar to a BOVAEA REN Tag.
The Quick Respond (QR) code can be verified using a smartphone, QR code reader app can be downloaded into your phone from the Play Store. The code reader will show all the negotiators' information including their photograph. If in doubt, conduct a search at www.lppeh.gov.my or www.propertyagent.gov.my website under Negotiator Search. Alternatively, call the BOVAEA during office hours at 603-22876666.
Then he is an illegal broker. He is not authorised and as such stop dealing with him/her. Repeat him to the police immediately with full information.
A genuine REN tag contains watermark security features. When you scan the Quick Respond (QR code) using a smartphone, it will feature the negotiators' information.
Any foreigner who wishes to work as a Negotiator is required to obtain a work permit from the Immigration Department and only then will the BOVAEA consider, approve and issue a tag.
All fees payable for services rendered, both for sale or letting are stipulated under the 7th Schedule of the Valuers, Appraisers & Estate Agents Rules.
Yes. Negotiators Certification Course (NCC) is open to all. When you register online, please ignore the employer section.
All advertisements posted by a REN must contain the company E registration number with the BOVAEA and REN number beside their mobile number. Do not respond to any advertisement if it does not contain all these information. It is considered illegal for any advertisement to not follow the requirements above except advertisements by property owners.
The NCC certificate valid for one year from the date of issue.
Yes, absolutely. Take a photo of the signboard and send it to the BOVAEA. Please indicate the street name, date and time including your name and contact number. The BOVAEA will verify it before sending it to Malaysia Communication and Multimedia Commision (MCMC) who will then suspend and bar the mobile number.
Firstly, you must attend a 2-day NCC class in order to get the NCC certificate. Secondly, application for Registration to made by the Real Estate Firm with the following documents:-
- Application form
- IC size photo with white background
- Photocopy of IC IV.Employment letter with a Real Estate Firm
- Photocopy of NCC Certificate of attendance
Yes, they can. Majority of these are primary or new properties or new projects for developers. However, they are required by law to wear the REN Tag at all times.
REN Name card
Besides the normal company details, the name card shall also display the Firm's E registration number and the REN number.
The Board of Valuers, Appraiser and Estate Agents (BOVAEA) will issue the REN Tag. The process takes 7 working days.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration for the NCC class within the same hour of your registration. Should you fail to receive a confirmation within 24 hours of your registration, please call MIEA immediately.
- Your seat in the NCC course/class is assured once MIEA’s e-mail confirmation has been sent to your e-mail address.
- MIEA reserves the absolute right to change the date and/or venue of the course/class prior to the date of the course. MIEA will notify all / any changes of the date and/or venue via e-mail.
A participant’s entitlement to refund of the fee paid for the course/class is subjected to the following–
- Full refund (RM636.00) is allowed if the participant forward his request more than 14 days before the date of the course/class.
- 90% of the total fee (RM572.40) is allowed if the participant forward his request within 14 days but not less than 7 days before the date of the course/class.
- 80% of the total fee (RM508.80) is allowed if the participant forward his request within 7 days before the date of the course/class.
- NO REFUND of the fee if the participant fails to show up on the date of the course/class.
- A request to change the date of the course / class will be entertained in the event of a participant’s sickness at his/her production of a valid MC from a certified medical practitioner. The replacement course/class is subject to availability of seats at the confirmation of MIEA only. Should the sick participant wish to request for a refund of the fee, then the relevant condition in paragraphs 4(a) to (c) applies.”
This will take immediate effect on all new registration starting 15 Oct 2021 onwards
Full attendance is compulsory otherwise you will have to replace the day you are absence in order for you to be awarded the certificate of attendance.
Renewal of REN Tag is required. Directive from BOVAEA is on the way.
REN Tag holder are not allow to set up a company on its own. They are supposed to work under the direct supervision of a Real Estate Agent.
RM636.00 [The fees cover course material and four refreshments]
A Real Estate Negotiator (REN) is an individual who is employed by a registered Estate Agent. They are not registered with the Board but certified to practice. They must attain the following requirements to be employed by the Real Estate firm;
They must attend a two-day course on Real Estate and will be issued a certificate of attendance. With the certificate, they can seek employment either on a 'Contract of Service' or 'Contract for Service' with a Real Estate firm. The Real Estate firm then will apply for the REN Tag with the BOVAEA.
BOVAEA will certify and designate a REN number & issue a tag to the REN. Only then can the REN be employed by the firm and represent sellers, landlords, buyers & tenants in the sale and marketing of properties.