Who are Registered by BOVAEA? | Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents

Who are Registered by BOVAEA?

BOVAEA has two (2) registers. One is the register for Valuers/Property Managers and the other for Estate Agents.

  1. Who is a Real Estate Agent (REA)?

    A real estate agent (REA) is an individual who has attained the following requirements;

    • Have passed part 1 & part 2 comprising of 12 papers
    • Registered as a Probationary Estate Agent (PEA)
    • Have completed two years of post-practical training with a Real Estate firm
    • Have completed task 1 & 2 and
    • Passed the test of professional competence (TPC) after which.
    • whose name has been placed on a register in the Board as a Registered Estate Agent.

    An estate agent can operate his/ her own Real estate firm.

    Provide real estate service in selling, leasing properties or finding a property for the clients.

    To employ up to 50 Real Estate Negotiators to assist the Real Estate Agent to providing Real Estate services.

  2. Who is a Real Estate Negotiator (REN)?

    A Real Estate Negotiator (REN) is an individual who is employed by a Registered Estate Agent. They are not registered with the Board but certified to practice. They must attain the following requirements to be employed by the Real Estate firm

    • They must attend a full two days course on real estate and will be issued a certificate of attendance.
    • With the certificate they seek employment either on a contract of service or contract for service with a real estate firm.
    • The real estate firm then, will apply for the Ren tag with the BOVAEA.
    • BOVAEA will then certify and designate a REN number & issue a Tag to the REN, only then the REN can be employed by the firm and only then can they represent sellers, landlords, buyers & tenants in the sale and marketing of properties.